today--a running list
- made the boys their favorite breakfast, pasta served up with fresh, crushed herbs from the garden, a glug of olive oil and a pinch of salt. i was their queen :) at least during breakfast
- lost count of all the animal graves in the garden as we buried a rainbow lorikeet found by e first thing this morning
- toiled away quietly in the garden while enjoying some much needed 'me' time
- listened in as j & e engaged in some truly wacky, zombie filled, imaginary fun
- found the sweetest clutch of snail eggs, about 20 of them, while moving soil around from pot to pot. they've been tucked safely away in a little boy's terrarium. now we wait and watch.
- thoroughly enjoyed (in a skimpy, sleeveless top) the most beautiful, sunny, warm day we've had so far this autumn
- felt the need to be quiet and introverted, completely lost in my own meandering thoughts, indulging in a bit of melancholy even
- laughed quietly to myself out in the garden as i listened to the shenanigans playing out inside, two boys in need of a little relief in a house with only one toilet. yes, there was a bucket involved and lots of chortles, "omg! i can't believe i'm doing this in a bucket!"
- noticed at some point during the day that e has a new beauty spot on his nose. i bent down, kissed it and promptly fell in love
all photos taken summer 2011/2012